As a bonus, the recipe for Emeril’s Bayou Blast is also included.
- BUTTER, 1 stick
- ONIONS, 2 medium, chopped
- GREEN PEPPER, 1, sliced into strips
- SALT and CAYENNE, to taste
- BAY LEAVES, 2
- TOMATOES, diced, 1 can
- GARLIC, 2 minced
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE, 1 tablespoon
- FLOUR + WATER SLURRY
- GREEN ONION GARNISH
- SHRIMP, 1 pound, 16-20 size, peeled and deveined
- CREOLE SEASONING (See Below)
Ingredients: Creole Seasoning (Emeril’s Bayou Blast)
- PAPRIKA, 2½ tablespoons
- SALT, 2 tablespoons
- GARLIC POWDER, 2 tablespoons
- BLACK PEPPER, 1 tablespoon
- ONION POWDER, 1 tablespoon
- CAYENNE, 1 tablespoon
- OREGANO, 1 tablespoon
- THYME, 1 tablespoon
- Sauté the onions in the butter until soft, then add the green peppers.
- Add the salt and cayenne to taste, then the bay leaves.
- Pour in the can of tomatoes and add the garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and thicken the sauce with the flour/water slurry.
- Dust the shrimp with Creole seasoning and lay on top of the sauce.
- Cover and simmer until the shrimp is just cooked though (about 3-5 minutes).
- Serve over rice.