This is easy to make. And it’s as delicious as can be. I ddn’t have chicken breasts, but I did have several three-packs of skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs in the freezer from a former sojourn to Costco. So I substituted them and they were perfect for this dish!
I didn’t change anything else, and the dish was a big hit with the family. I served it on linguine, which pairs very well with creamy sauce.
- CHICKEN BREASTS, 1½ pounds, boneless, skinless, thinly sliced
- OLIVE OIL, 2 Tablespoons
- HEAVY CREAM, 1 cup
- CHICKEN BROTH, ½ cup
- GARLIC POWDER, 1 teaspoon
- ITALIAN SEASONING, 1 teaspoon
- PARMESAN CHEESE, ½ cup
- FRESH SPINACH, 1 cup, chopped
- SUN-DRIED TOMATOES, ½ cup
- In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until brown on each side and no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese to the pan.
- Whisk over medium high heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and stir.
- Serve over pasta if desired.