Thursday, August 28, 2014

Copper River Shaka Salmon

Someone gave us this jar of salmon for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I recently discovered it in our crowded pantry. So I thought I'd better use it before it went bad.

Shaka Salmon is packed by Copper River Seafoods in Cordova, Alaska, and distributed in Hawaii by Shaka Salmon of Haleiwa on Oahu's North Shore.

It's packed in oil and tastes great right out of the jar.


However, I wanted to try it with some rigatoni that I also found in the pantry, and fresh broccoli and grape tomatoes that we had chilling in the refrigerator. It's my usual preparation using the pasta and anything else I want to put in it. Sometimes, I use zucchini, sometimes Chinese snap peas ... it all depends on what I have.

Heat up the veggies in olive oil and butter, add in the protein (in this case the salmon, but sometimes shrimp or ham, or whatever), cook the pasta separately, then add it to the pan.

Voila! Shaka Salmon and Pasta with Broccoli!

No comments:

Post a Comment