Sunday, May 13, 2012

Karen's Kitchen Recipe Books

My sister, Karen Ono, is an excellent cook, and we all look forward to family dinners at her house, whether it be a pot luck, a family gathering, or some kind of celebration.

She's an avid recipe collector and tries all kinds of yummy creations. I'm not sure if she's practicing on us, but I have to say I haven't been disappointed yet.

The reason I mention this is because she used to file the recipes in three-ring binders, protected in plastic sleeves. She might still do that, but a few years ago, she compiled them in a little booklet that she distributed to family members.

Last year, she came out with volume two. The cookbook covers were designed by our cousin, Gale Okumura, of Okumura Design in Sacramento.

Want to follow some of her recipes? Tell you what ... I'll post some occasionally just for you.

1 comment: