Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pan-Barbecued Hot Dogs



This is one of the first dishes I learned to cook when I was in college. My apartment roommates didn’t want to cook; I didn’t want to clean house. So we struck a deal.

My mom sent me some easy recipes, including this one. It's especially good for breakfast, served with scrambled eggs.

Ingredients:

  • HOT DOGS, 1 package
  • ONION, 1 medium, frenched
  • TOMATO SAUCE, 1 8-oz can
  • BROWN SUGAR, 1 tablespoon
  • WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE, 1 teaspoon
  • SOY SAUCE, 1 teaspoon
  • MUSHROOMS, 1 8-oz can chopped
  • GARLIC SALT
  • BLACK PEPPER, Freshly ground

Directions:

  1. Boil the hot dogs until plump. (You can skip this step if you want.)
  2. Cut shallow diagonal slits on both sides of the hot dogs.
  3. Brown the hot dogs in a little bit of oil.
  4. Remove the hot dogs and sauté the onions until limp.
  5. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan
  6. Salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Return the hot dogs to the pan and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
  8. Serve with hot rice or in hot dog buns.

3 comments:

  1. Gee, this sounds so good AND easy! You should send this to RR!

    Re: The Blog~ so far so good, only "criticism" I might have is the line of the saucer threw me off a couple of times. I kept wanting to brush it off!! LOL

    Love it so far, Craig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re saucer line ... yep, unfortunately the background of the blog area is slightly transparent and I can't get it to be totally opaque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound easy. My nephews would both like this and could make it themselves.

    I really like this blog you're doing, Craig. Can't see anything about it that I would change.

    ReplyDelete